Skills Development ProgramBuild a positive foundation for a lifetime of skiing
IMPORTANT: 2021 SDP COVID INFORMATION
2021 SEASON MUST-KNOWS
- Omineca COVID-19 PROTOCOLS in place – see plan.
- NO lodge access and NO after practice snacks.
- Participants must be 3 metre distanced throughout practice, as per VIA Sport Phase 2 guidelines.
- If you are feeling un-well, stay home!
- Cold weather cut off is -15C.
SDP SCHEDULE, REGISTRATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
ABOUT SDP PROGRAM
The Skills Development Program (SDP) provides ski lessons for kids aged 4-12 years old:
- Bunnyrabbits are aged 4 and 5 years old.
- directed at children during the “Active Start” of athlete development.
- designed to help children develop a positive self-image, be fun, develop fundamental movement skills, develop an awareness of the natural environment and meet new friends!
- Jackrabbits are aged 6-9 years old.
- directed at skiers in the “FUNdamentals” stage of athlete development.
- designed to help children develop confidence, be fun, socialize with ski friends, build overall motor skills and develop winter safety skills.
- Track Attack are aged 10-12 years old.
- directed at skiers in the “Learning to Train” stage of athlete development.
- designed to develop fitness through active play, games and other activities, be fun, provide an opportunity to be part of a team, develop competence in cross country ski skills and to experience a variety of adventure-based cross country ski activities.
SDP FEE SCHEDULE 2021
|Years of Age||Early||Late|
Above, SDP kids participate in World Snow Day 2017