Skills Development ProgramBuild a positive foundation for a lifetime of skiing
2023-2024 SDP GENERAL INFORMATION
2023-2024 SDP General Info and Updates
- Bunny Rabbit participants require that an adult or responsible teen (age 13+) is on skis AND a member of the OSC.
- *NEW* Senior Jackrabbits (ages 8-9) will have an evening lesson during the week as well as a Sunday lesson.
- Registration deadline is November 30th.
- Late registration will be subject to the late fee upon approval by the SDP coordinator, and families will be contacted as to whether or not space is available. If no spaces are left, the family will ONLY be reimbursed the cost of lessons, NOT the membership fees.
- Equipment check and parent meeting to be held in early December; feel free to either bring or shop for quality used ski gear that evening in a low-key ski swap!
- If you are feeling un-well, stay home!
- Cold weather cut off is -15C.
SDP SCHEDULE, REGISTRATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Lessons will start on Sunday January 7th, 2024 and continue until mid-March.
– 1:45pm for Track Attack
– 2:00pm for Jr. and Sr. Jackrabbits
– 2:15pm for Bunnies
Sr. Jackrabbits and Track Attack will have an evening lesson during the week in addition to Sunday’s lesson. That evening will be determined by the coaches availability and TBA.
November 30, 2023. Late registration will only be accepted if there is room in that specific age category. Registration for lessons is done on Zone4 when you sign up for your regular OSC membership. For more information contact: Amy Dash at 250-691-1612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register online along with your OSC memberships at Zone4.
ABOUT SDP PROGRAM
The Skills Development Program (SDP) provides ski lessons for kids aged 4-12 years old:
- Bunnyrabbits are aged 4 and 5 years old.
- directed at children during the “Active Start” of athlete development.
- designed to help children develop a positive self-image, be fun, develop fundamental movement skills, develop an awareness of the natural environment and meet new friends!
- Jackrabbits are aged 6-9 years old.
- directed at skiers in the “FUNdamentals” stage of athlete development.
- designed to help children develop confidence, be fun, socialize with ski friends, build overall motor skills and develop winter safety skills.
- Track Attack are aged 10-12 years old.
- directed at skiers in the “Learning to Train” stage of athlete development.
- designed to develop fitness through active play, games and other activities, be fun, provide an opportunity to be part of a team, develop competence in cross country ski skills and to experience a variety of adventure-based cross country ski activities.
SDP FEE SCHEDULE 2023 - 2024
|Years of Age||Early||Late|
|Jr Jack Rabbits||
|Sr Jack Rabbits||